Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dinner

Leftover turkey, olive oil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, fresh basil, balsamico, and fettucini. Dinner is served.

Tonight I ate around 10:30 at night. Late even for the Spanish, methinks. But it was a good meal, made in my kitchen and enjoyed at my table. 

Of course the best part of any meal is how it's enjoyed, or who it's enjoyed with. In this case, Anthony Bourdain. No, he wasn't at my house for dinner… but his book was. A few years old I think, "A Cook's Tour", made for a superb dinner companion. I've just started the book and his ramblings of how this adventure began is just brilliant. The mix of life, food, love of food, wine, sex, sheer enjoyment in a meal and the hunt for the perfect meal, is brilliant. Barely a chapter in and laughing out loud already, this man should be a writer.

Oh wait, he is.

Part of the pleasure of course comes from enjoying a glass or three of chianti with my meal and my readings. And mind you, not great chianti. No, the glass cost more than the bottle.

Really.

No comments: